You might be wondering what brought on my ranting about the greatest season of the year. Well, as I was laying in my bed playing sudoku (exciting life, I know) I suddenly tasted/smelled a caramel apple. Does this happen to anyone else? Once in a while, I'll get these random smells or tastes that last about two seconds. So that's how it all began. And then when I opened my computer to start writing this, I was reminded of fall again by my desktop image.
When I was younger, the smell of fall would conjure up all these bad feelings having to do with going back to school. It was terrible. The end of freedom and warmth. The beginning of confinement in the halls of Zimmerman Elementary School and Zimmerman High School, teachers, books, homework.
I can't pinpoint the moment when I began to love the smell of fall. Not even the year. Actually, I'd say it was somewhere around 19 or 20. Probably 19. I had been missing out on the joys of fall all these years because it was masked by the misery of school.
So here are some of my favorite things about fall. I know you've been dying to hear them.
Fall colors
Caramel Apple Spices from Starbucks
Mittens
Fall Decorations
Apple Orchards
All those, plus so many more. There's just something about that chill in the air, about that gloomy yet fascinating gray sky...
202 days until autumn 2011!



1 comment:
You forgot the very best thing about fall...PUMPKIN! Pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes. Oh, heaven.
Post a Comment